Monday, August 3, 2009

Orange pants

I love being home...the feeling is great...especially because I have my favorite orange pants and green Punjabi MC tshirt that I caught at Diwali to wear around the house. See, my clothes have history and meaning to it: especially the orange pants. For my first year in high school, I had bought new clothes with my family at Target. I know- the ultimate cool place to be. I should get paid just to mention their name. But anyways, I bought a pair of black jeans which I still wear, an orange pant, an orange shirt and some other stuff that I cant remember. On the first day school, remember, I am in a new place, far away from my loves in PA, and I wanted to make a decent impression like any teen would want to do. Well, my mom makes me wear the orange pants which I really did not want to wear. SO- i was like- okay- I will wear a white tank top with it...But no- that created hell in the house. A tank was like a big no no. I was literally forced to wear, on My first day of school, orange pants, and my orange shirt. I felt like the biggest fool in town. I am just glad that it wasnt a pair of yellow pants and yellow shirt, because then I would have felt like a rotten banana. But yeah- I was sooo embarassed! But now- those orange pants have taken on their own rite of passage into being worn almost everyday when I am in the house.
My dad said at dinner to my mom- The reason I wear those orange pants over and over is because I want to get back at my mom and regret the fact that she ever wanted to buy those pair of pants. I just say that they have become quite comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment